Sunday, 30 July 2017

Festival Make Up Ideas

With Reading Festival just around the corner I decided I should probably get my act together and start thinking about some of the ways I wanted to wear my make up whilst I was there. I am very much a planner when it comes to the way I look so I wanted to get a few ideas under my belt and practice a few potential looks with super affordable products (as the last thing I wanted to do was take my most expensive make up with me camping for four days in case they got lost, stolen or damaged and then I would have had £400 of make up to replace when I came home!) 

For me a big part of any festival look is lots of glitter, sequins and sparkles. I have a massive box full of them that I've somehow gained over the years from various places so I definitely didn't need to purchase any more. I use eyelash glue to stick sequins to my face because I find it amazing at keeping the sequins in place but more importantly because it doesn't cause my skin to react badly after wearing them!






So far I've practised four or five looks, three of which I have included in this post. I will also be including the very affordable products I have used to create these looks below and I will also include the links so you can purchase them too. 

My absolute number one cosmetic item for festivals is the Mermaids Forever palette by Make Up Revolution. It has 32 super pigmented eyeshadows all in one pallet with a massive mirror, and I've used it to create all of the looks I have tried so far. It is definitely coming with me to Reading and as you can see from the photos below it's been used a lot already. There is such a variety of colours in one place I know it will easily see me through the four days I'm away and help me come up with a completely different look each day that I'm there. Another highlight about it is that it has quite a few dark brown shades which I will use to do my eyebrows whilst I am away so I don't have to take a separate eyebrow pallette. It also has some amazing shimmery whites and silvers which will be perfect to use as highlighter as I really don't think I'll be risking taking my Mac or Urban Decay ones! 



As you can probably tell already I am intending to pack very light on the make up but that doesn't mean I'm willing to compromise on my make up looks. Luckily for me my favourite liquid eyeliner pen is only £1.50 from Primark anyway so if that was to get lost or damaged it wouldn't break the bank to replace. With regards to foundation I'm not sure what I'm going be taking yet or if I'm actually even going to bother because I'm not going to want to spend two hours in a tent applying make up with a trowel like I tend to do when I'm at home getting ready for a night out. 

Each of the looks documented below took 30 minutes or less, for me this was vital that I knew I could manage it because as I say I didn't wanna waste half of my festival experience focusing on my face when there's going to be loads of amazing fun to be had whilst I'm there. 

The blue green look is giving me serious mermaid vibes, and I think the space buns are super cute so I think I will definitely be recreating this look whilst I'm there. I am seriously concerned about the shower situation so I will definitely be taking a lot of dry shampoo so space buns are ideal for second or third day of not being able to wash your hair. 









The pink peach look is probably my favourite but as you can see on the outer corners of the eyes I used quite a dark shadow for a smokey look which was an absolute nightmare to blend in a hurry, so I might just keep it a little bit lighter to avoid having to spend ages blending dark colours out again! Once again the hairstyle of the half up half down bun is very good the second or third day of not being able to wash your hair as the messy style would work well with dry shampoo and prevent your hair from looking unwashed. 









The red orange look is super fierce but I'm not sure if I shall be repeating it as the bold rep lip really ties it together but I'm really not willing to risk taking any of my red lipsticks which are all designer brands. I do however absolutely love the amber sequins from this look so I'll definitely be incorporating them into another look. 









In the blue and peach looks I used Make Up Academy highlighters from Superdrug which are just £3 each. I'll definitely take the blue one with me but the pink one was a complete let down to be honest. It completely lacked pigment and was quite chalky in texture. The blue one was far more pigmented which I was happy about so I'll definitely take that one with me and use it again. 



I used a glitter palette on my cheeks in the blue look and on my lips in the peach look. This only cost me £3.99 so I'll definitely take it because I know I will use it a lot. It is pre-mixed with glitter glue so is perfect to apply quickly and easily to body parts like shoulders and collarbones for that extra sparkly glow. 



I really can't stress enough how pleased I am with the Make Up Revolution Mermaids Forever palette. I've always been a huge fan of Make Up Revolution as the products are high quality with a lot of pigment but at very affordable prices. 



With just over three weeks to go until my first festival of the season, I will no doubt be showcasing more make up looks and outfits on my Instagram page so keep your eyes peeled. 

Make Up Revolution Palettes: Faver and Superdrug 

Make Up Academy Highlighters: Superdrug

NYX Glitter: Boots and NYX 



-Holly xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment